Gliwice New Jewish Cemetery
14, Poniatowskiego Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
From the west and south, the cemetery is delineated by a brick wall, 2.5 meters in height. From the east and north the cemetery has a concrete block wall.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The New Jewish cemetery of Gliwice is situated between pre-war German and post-war Polish non-Jewish cemeteries. Founded in 1903, the cemetery area is still in use. The site is preserved and well-maintained. Tombstones and the original beit-tahara have been preserved.
Number of existing gravestones
Around 500 tombstones have been preserved, most of which are in good condition. A list of tombstones is available on https://www.sztetl.org.pl/gfx/gliwice_jewish_cemetery.pdf
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The beit-tahara building, which currently operates as a museum, houses an exhibition devoted to the Jews of Upper Silesia.