Dukla New Jewish Cemetery
62, Trakt Wegierski Street. From Trakt Wegierski street, turn onto Dr. Józefa Samuela Blocha Street and continue until you reach the cemetery.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
There is an old and short stone fence, in some places it has been damaged, otherwise it is in good condition. The cemetery has a ruined entrance gate, made of steel.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery looks more or less well looked after, with some signs of forestation in some parts, the area where the tombstones are located is currently clear. According to sztetl.org, there is a mass grave of 40 Jews shot here by the Germans during World War II.
Number of existing gravestones
200. Some of the matzevot don't have legible inscriptions with dates, the cemetery has been active since the 1870's however no tombstones from that era with legile dates have been preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The new Jewish cemetery of Dukla was established around 1870 in the area adjacent to the old cemetery. During World War II, the Germans devastated the cemetery. The matzevot were used to regulate the stream in Smereczne and to make stairs to the border guard post.
It is one of the largest Jewish cemeteries in terms of area in the Podkarpackie Province.
The cemetery was entered into the register of monuments under the number A-157 on July 28nd 1989.