Dolynske Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located next to 21, Kotlyarevskoho Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
The only legible tombstone dates from 1969.
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
There is a mass grave from the Holocaust located on the cemetery site.
This cemetery already existed in 1910. Today, only the post-WWII section contains gravestones with legible dates.
The first settlement of Jews in Dolyns’ke (known as Valegotsulovo until 1945) dates back to the early 19th century. On March 21, 1882, local Jews were attacked during a pogrom. In 1897, the Jewish population numbered 1,865 (20% of the total population). In 1910, it had reached 2,650 (15% of the total population), but had decreased to 1,105 by 1923. In 1910, three synagogues and two Jewish cemeteries were functioning. In 1939, there were 541 Jews living in the town. On August 29, 1941, about 300 Jews were executed by the Germans. The Jewish composer Lazare Saminsky was born in Dolyns’ke.