Dolyna Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located opposite to the house at 39, Volodymyra Vynnychenka Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by an old metal fence on a concrete foundation of 1.5 metres height. Some sections of the fence were stolen or vandalised.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is slightly overgrown. It requires clearing and re-fencing. Local kids use the site as a playground. There is a swing near the cemetery site.
Number of existing gravestones
2. There are some more gravestones' fragments on the site.
Date of oldest tombstone
1893 (only found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There are two ohels on the cemetery site, constructed by the Ohaley Tsadikim union. One ohel is dedicated to Rabbi Moshe, a son of Rabbi Dan Shoham who was an author the books Dibrey Moshe and Saraf Pri Ets Khaim and student of Besht. There is no nameplate in the second ohel.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was not marked on old maps. According to the VAAD database, the oldest gravestone relates to 1835. The only epigraphic data found by ESJF expedition relates to the late 19th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period.