Dobre Miasto Jewish Cemetery
The religious cemetery was established as early as 1814. On May 24 of the same year, a month after settling in Dobre Miasto, Lippmann Abraham Stahl, acting as the community president, purchased a plot of land intended for a cemetery. It was located outside the town, on the left side of the sandy road leading to the fulling mill (Zur Walkmühle), later Pfeifenberger Allee (today’s Garnizonowa Street). The first person to be buried at the Jewish cemetery was Rachela Friedländer, nee Meirowski, wife of Aron Itzig, who died on June 4, 1816.
The cemetery was divided into two parts – the old and the new. Sandstone matzevot dominated, and tombs were common. Some of the graves were surrounded by metal fences. In 1913, Bertha Meirowski, widow of Leopold Meirowski, chairman of the commune, donated 5,000 marks to the community for the purpose of erecting a stone wall around the cemetery. In gratitude to the founder, after the completion of the investment, a commemorative marble slab was placed on the cemetery wall. Today, all traces of the necropolis on the ground have been obliterated.