Debrzno Jewish Cemetery
At the beginning of the 19th century, about 15 Jewish families lived in Debrzno. By the 1880s, the local community increased to approximately 290 people. The community had its own cemetery and a synagogue. It was built in the 1890s and was located on Stretziner Straße.
In 1903, the local community numbered around 200 Jews. In 1913, this decreased to around 150, and in 1928 – to 127. In the years 1930–1933, there were still around 120 people of Jewish descent in Debrzno, but they suffered from frequent anti-Jewish attacks. After the events of Kristallnacht in November 1938, most of the Jews who had remained in the city emigrated. Those who failed to do so were interned in a camp near Piła in March 1940, and from there taken to other camps.
The Jewish cemetery in Debrzno is located on Mokotowska Street. It was founded during the 18th century. During World War II, the cemetery was devastated. Today its area is partially built-up. The Jewish cemetery covers an area of 0.3 ha.