Czluchow Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Człuchów was established in the 18th century outside the city walls, at today’s Aleja Wojska Polskiego. The first written mention of the cemetery comes from 1748. It is known that before 1939 the cemetery occupied a plot of 0.52 ha.
As a result of the devastation, the original tombstones have not survived at the cemetery site. In the years of the Polish People’s Republic, Junior High School No. 1 was built on the site of the necropolis and part of the cemetery plot was transformed into a municipal park.
In 2007, a monument was unveiled on the edge of the cemetery with the following inscription: “In memory of the Jews of Człuchów buried in this cemetery. Honour to their blessed memory. Inhabitants of Człuchów. November 2007 ”.
In 2011, during construction work, workers exhumed bones at the site. After the intervention of the Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage in Poland, the discovered remains were secured.