Człopa Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Człopa was probably established in the 17th century. It is situated at today’s Mickiewicza Street. It covers an area of 0.7 ha. This cemetery is one of the largest in Western Pomerania, reflecting the size of the Jewish community in Człopa. In the 17th century, only a few Jewish families lived here, but in the following decades the number of Jews in the city grew steadily to exceed 300 by the middle of the 19th century. At that time, the community had not only its own cemetery, but also a synagogue. Later, the number of Jews living in Człopa continued to decline – in the interwar period there were only about 100 community members. In 1938, they were expelled from the city, and the property of the community was taken over by the municipal authorities. The cemetery was devastated and closed. In 1992, it was entered into the register of monuments. Only a few matzevot have survived in the cemetery, the oldest of which dates back to 1861.
(West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://www.pomeranica.pl)
The Jewish cemetery in Człopa, located at ul. Mickiewicza, was founded at the beginning of the 17th century. The necropolis was devastated by the Germans during Kristallnacht (November 9-10, 1938.