Czarne Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Czarne was established in the mid-nineteenth century. Its area was 0.30 ha. During the Nazi rule in Germany, the cemetery was devastated. There are no tombstones left on the site. The last recorded burial took place in 1940.
The cemetery is located on Złota Street with an entrance from Lipowa Street. After WWII, only a two-meter-high wall made of red clinker brick remained. Ultimately, the cemetery was demolished in the 1990s. Currently, there is a park and a sports field on the site.
The facility has undergone far-reaching devastation. Around 1990, a residential block was built on its site. Relics of the brick wall of the cemetery have survived. It would be desirable to set up an information board or other form of commemoration.
(K. Bielawski, cmentarze-zydowskie.pl)