Chojnice New Jewish Cemetery
The New Jewish cemetery in Chojnice (Kilińskiego Street) was established in 1900 on the slope of a small hill. The area of the necropolis was 0.4 ha. After the sale of the synagogue building in Czersk in 1934, the funds obtained were used to build a fence in 1937, fragments of which are still visible today. The cemetery was destroyed by the Germans during World War II. The trees have survived, as well as the building of the funeral home, which was used, among others, as a woodworking shop after the war. Currently, after many reconstructions, it is used by the Pentecostal Church in Chojnice. Members of the group established in Chojnice in spring 2012.
(“Śladami żydowskimi po Kaszubach”, book edited by Miłosława Borzyszkowska-Szewczyk and Christian Pletzing; © 2010 Academia Baltica, © 2010 Instytut Kaszubski)