Chodkowo Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Chodków was established in 1938, most likely after the old Jewish cemetery in Bodzanów at Nadrzeczna Street became overcrowded. The cemetery was completely destroyed. During World War II, 13 Poles, executed by the Germans on September 18, 1942, were buried there. The bodies of the victims were exhumed in the spring of 1945. Currently, the area of the cemetery remains unmarked. It is overgrown with vegetation and is used as an illegal landfill.
Chodkowo is a village directly adjacent to Bodzanów, located south of the town. Jews began to settle there in the 18th century. Jews from Bodzanów were initially buried in the cemetery in Wyszogród, but from the end of the 18th century they established their own cemetery at Nadrzeczna Street. In the 19th century, they constituted about 38% of the total population. By 1830, an independent Jewish community was established in the town. In 1939, around 1,300 Jews lived there. On March 3, 1941, some Jews from Bodzanów were transported to Działdowo, and then to the ghettos in Szydłów and Częstochowa. Some of them ended up in the ghetto in Nowy Dwór and other towns in the Ciechanów district. Most of the Jews from Bodzanów died in the extermination camps in Treblinka and Auschwitz.