Butsni Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located in the wood behind the house at 2, Kvitneva Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The site is used for cattle grazing. The cemetery is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and fencing.
Number of existing gravestones
11. Several gravestones are buried in the ground or covered in the vegetation.
Date of oldest tombstone
1749 (oldest found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
1871 (latest found by ESJF expedition)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery is not marked on the available maps. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-18th century.
Jews presumably settled in the 19th century. In 1863, 182 Jews resided in Butsni. By 1897, the Jewish population reached 304 people. In 1863, a synagogue operated. In the 19th – early 20th century, the Jewish population was engaged in crafts. The Jewish population of Butsni perished during the Holocaust.