Bricheva Jewish Cemetery
No administrative division by regions
When entering Briceva on the road from Baraboi, pass the watermill and the dam, after which, the cemetery can be found on the left.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a stone wall, erected by ESJF.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The site is somewhat overgrown with tall grass. The wall is in excellent condition.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The Bricheva Jewish Cemetery was most likely founded in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, the cemetery already existed in 1840, and it can be found marked on maps of the region from 1879 and 1911. The cemetery was still in use after WWII, with the most recent preserved gravestone dating to 1958. In 2016, the cemetery was surveyed by Yefim Kogan of JewishGen.