Bratolyubivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s construction and demolition are unknown. It can be found marked on a German map of the region from 1940. It was most likely demolished during and after WWII. Locals were certain this site was once home to a Jewish cemetery. According to one resident, some tombstones still remained on the site as late as the 1970s. The land on which the cemetery was once located now belongs to Tamara Hordienko.
Bratolyubivka (also called Lisanevicheva and Spravnytska) was established in the second half of the 18th century. From 1802, the region belonged to the Kherson Governorate (Khersonskaya gubernia).
In 1897, the population of Bratolyubivka numbered 2330 people, with 1193 Jewish residents among them. A synagogue was built in the early 19th century, with another in 1898. A chevra kadisha is known to have existed since the 1840’s. In 1909, 75 students were educated in 6 chadarim, with 20 students in a talmud-torah. In 1912, a Jewish loan bank was established. The Jewish population of Bratolyubivka dropped rapidly after the 1917 Revolutions and the civil war of 1918-21, numbering only 45 people in 1926.
Following the German occupation in August 1941, the few remaining Jews were apparently murdered immediately.
In 1991, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Bratolyubivka became a part of the independent Ukraine.
The Jewish cemetery of Bratolyubivka, established around 1840, is totally demolished.