Bocki New Jewish Cemetery
The new Jewish cemetery in Boćki was likely established at the end of the 19th century, about 1 km northwest of the town centre. It is located at the intersection of Zarzecka Street and the road to the village of Jakubowskie and Solniki. The cemetery was devastated during the war. The Germans took out the matzevot and used them for construction purposes. After the war, local residents continued to take the tombstones. During the war, the victims of executions were buried in the cemetery. Remains of victims from outside the cemetery were exhumed after the war and reburied in the cemetery. Currently, the area is covered with forest, making the boundaries of the cemetery imperceptible. One tombstone and several traces of concrete tombs have been preserved. The area is partly littered.
The first mentions of the village of Boćki date to the end of the 15th century. Boćki was granted town rights around 1513 and was founded as a private town. During the wars of the mid-17th century, it was destroyed by the Russian army. It was destroyed again in 1769. The town was rebuilt at the beginning of the 18th century. At the end of the 18th century, there were over 1,500 inhabitants in Boćki, over 40% of whom were Jews. The town was destroyed during World War I and World War II. In 1934, its town rights were lost. Before the outbreak of World War II, there were approximately 2,500 people in the town, 30% of whom were Jews.
In 1568, Jews received a permit from the Sapieha family to settle in Boćki. Following the invasion of Russian troops in 1660, the Jewish community suffered, and it did not recover until about 50 years later. At the end of the 18th century, 666 Jews lived in Boćki, and 1,262 in 1878 (66% of the population) and about 800 in 1939. During World War II, Boćki was occupied by the Soviet army, and in June 1941, by Germany. In the fall of 1941, a ghetto was established in the town. In October, the Jews were gradually deported to the extermination camp in Treblinka.