Bobrovyy Kut Old Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished when the farms were being built, around the 1950s. It is marked on maps from the 1890s and 1941.
Bobrovyy Kut (Ukr. Бобровий Кут, Rus. Бобровый Кут, Yid. באָבראָווי־קוט) was founded as a Jewish agricultural colony in 1807. The original settlers came from Mogilev Governorate in present-day Belarus, and more Jewish settlers from different areas joined over the following decades. The population of the colony grew from 454 in 1810 to 1,469 in 1897, 1,248 of which were Jewish (85% of the total population). The community maintained a synagogue, 2 prayer houses, a school, a library, and a loan fund. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the colony was attacked in several pogroms, and the war was followed by famine. The colony survived thanks to aid from the ARA, the JDC, and other international organisations. A Yiddish-language school operated in the interwar period. The Soviet authorities closed the religious institutions in 1927, and a collective farm was created in 1929. The colony belonged to Kalinindorf Jewish National Raion. About 600 Jews lived in Bobrovyy Kut in 1936. Some were able to evacuate before the Germans arrived in August 1941. About 400 Jews remained and were murdered in September 1941 along with Jews from other communities.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded. It is marked on maps from the 1890’s. According to local residents, the cemetery was demolished in the 1950’s.