Bila Tserkva Old Jewish Cemetery
Next to 21, Sholom-Aleikhema Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Type of the fence
General site condition
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery. The majority of the cemetery was demolished. In its place, the Military Prosecutor’s Office of the Bila Tserkva Garrison was built. There are a number of fragments located about the site, most likely from matzevot originally located in the area around the ohel in the southeastern section of the cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstone preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
There is an ohel belonging to one Rabbi Mordekhai of Loyev, Chernobyl (died 1907), son of Menahem Nahum the 2nd of Chernobyl, son of Aharon of Chernobyl. There is also a Tsiyun listing the students and followers of Baal Shem Tov.
The cemetery was founded in the 18th century and demolished during WWII. It first appears on a Russian topographic map of the region from the mid 19th century.