Biecz Jewish Cemetery
Lesser Poland Voivodeship
About 100 meters north from the buildings at 29, Tysiąclecia Street in Biecz.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery has a metal fence about 1.7 meters in height.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Gravestones in the cemetery were removed. Three fragments of matzevot embedded in large concrete slabs, of unknown purpose, have survived. Nearby on the ground, there are more concrete slabs, of smaller sizes and also of unknown purpose. The cemetery also contains a monument to the memory of the Jews from Biecz.
Number of existing gravestones
Three fragments. Three fragments of matzevot embedded in large concrete slabs, of unknown purpose, have survived.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
There is a memorial monument.
The Jewish cemetery in Biecz (ul. Tysiąclecia) was established in the mid-19th century. It is located outside the city centre, near the Grabiny forest. During World War II, the cemetery was devastated by the Germans. Stone tombstones were used to harden the pavement in the city. In the years 1941-1942, the Nazis shot Jews in Biecz. They are buried in a mass grave at this site.
The area is surrounded by a wire mesh fence.
On the mass graves of Jews shot during World War II (1941-1942), a monument was erected with an inscription in Polish and Hebrew: “In memory of Jews from Biecz and the vicinity murdered by Nazi thugs in camps, ghettos and forests in the forests 1939-1945. Monument. it was renewed in 1966 with Joint funds”.