Aranyosapati Jewish Cemetery in Revaranyos
There are two Jewish cemeteries in Aranyosapáti. This cemetery belonged to the Jewish community of Révaranyos (now part of Aranyosapáti). It appears on the cadastral maps of 1870 and therefore existed as early as that date. However, the oldest tombstone in the cemetery dates to 1860, while the most recent dates to 1940.
Aranyosapáti is a settlement in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county which was formed in 1950 through the merger of the villages of Révaranyos and Kopócsapáti. In 1880, of Révaranyos’ total population of 727, 104 were Jews. 85 Jews lived in the settlement in 1910, and 70 and in 1920. By 1941, the total population of Révaranyos was 1,139, of which merely 45 people were Jewish. In 1944, the Orthodox community of Révaranyos had 35 members, including 6 of whom were taxpayers. The rabbi was Mór Róth (also the Rabbi of Gyüre), who registered the birth, marriage, and death records of the Révaranyos Jews as well.