A Jewish community was established in Ivankiv in the first half of the 19th century, which was likely associated with the creation of the Pale of Settlement. In 1897, the Ivankiv Jewish community numbered 1,577, making up around half of the town’s population. A large fire broke out in the community on March 31st, 1891, and, according to historical documentation, destroyed the yeshivot. In 1893, the community received permission for their reconstruction. By 1900, there were two synagogues in the town, neither of which stand today. A sign was erected at the site in 2010. The broken wooden fence had been vandalised and was in a severe state of disrepair. The ESJF took part in cleaning works at the site and replaced the damaged fence with a new concrete one.