Zarichevo Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the southern outskirts of the village on a hill. At the end of the street which leads towards the bridge over the Uzh river, turn onto the dirt road and proceed for 400 metres east.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a metal mesh fence with gabion sections, erected by ESJF in June 2017.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Presumably, the Jewish cemetery in Zarichevo was established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in 1852. The cemetery was used presumably until WWII, although the most recent preserved gravestone dates to 1936.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Zarichevo in the early 19th century. In 1828, there were 17 Jews living in the village. In 1839, the Jewish population had increased to 25. During WWII, the Jewish community was killed. No Jews live in the village today.