Mizoch Jewish Cemetery
296, Dermans’ka Street.
369 metres. Neither the local librarian nor the head of the council have any knowledge of a larger cemetery on the site.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a 2 metre tall concrete wall with a metal gate installed in August 2015 by ESJF.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The cemetery contains a memorial dedicated to the Rabbis of Mizoch, installed by the "ohalei tzadikim — gader avot" organisation.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but according to the dates on the preserved tombstones it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the mid 19th century. First it appears on Russian topographic map of 1880s and, later, on Polish map of 1939. The cemetery was fenced by ESJF in August 2015.