Yabluniv Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located behind the house at 4, Ivana Franka Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and fencing. The site is used for cattle grazing. There is a barn on the cemetery site.
Number of existing gravestones
400. Vegetation on the site does not allow to establish the exact number of gravestones.
Date of oldest tombstone
1727 (oldest found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
1940 (latest found by ESJF expedition)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the first half of the 18th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. According to the VAAD database, there is a gravestone of 1667, but it was not detected by ESJF surveyors team. The cemetery first appears on Austrian maps of the 1880s and, later, it was also marked on a Polish map of 1939.