Vylkove Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is situated 180 metres to the west from the corner of Pishchana Street and Prymors'ka Street, partially on the site of industrial garage and partially in a forested area behind the garage.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The southern part of the cemetery is overbuilt with an industrial garage. The northern part is now a forested area.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The only preserved evidence of a Jewish cemetery in Vylkove is a Russian topographic map published in 1923-24, using data from 1916. Presumably, the cemetery was operating in the early 20th century. It can be supposed that it was demolished after WWII and later built over.
There is no information about the first settlement of Jews in Vylkove. In 1910, the Jewish population numbered 255 (5% of the total population). In 1872, an accusation of blood libel initiated an antisemitic campaign against local Jews. From August 1941, 102 Jews were imprisoned in a camp. In autumn 1941, they were deported to Transnistria. The further fate of the Jews of Vylkove is not known.