Shepetivka Jewish Section on Municipal Cemetery
The municipal cemetery is located on Piaskors'koho Street. The Jewish section is located between the 1st and 11th sections of the cemetery.
186 metres. The perimeter is approximate. It includes a few Christian graves, and a few Jewish graves in the adjoining section are not included.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
General site condition
The Jewish section is well-maintained. The local authorities hired a caretaker.
Number of existing gravestones
280. Christians were buried on the Jewish sections because of interfaith marriages.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
According to IAJGS, the cemetery was established in 1945, but according to locals, it was established in the 1970s. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the second half of the 20th century. There are a few gravestones of the WWII time. Presumably, it was reconstructed. The Jewish section of the municipal cemetery is still operating.