Radymno Jewish Cemetery
At the north-western end of 16, Tadeusza Kosciuszki Street. Proceed along the dirt road in a north-westerly direction for 940m and then you will find the cemetery on the right.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemtery is completely overgrown, and parts of it might be used for agricultural use. There should be a memorial obelisk commemorating the execution of Jews, but it was not found.
Number of existing gravestones
4. The is one large gravestone at the south-eastern corner. Another and a few fragments were found on the eastern side in the centre. No traces of a memorial were found, however the cemetery is very much overgrown on its north-eastern side. On one of the two tombstones that are in situ, the inscription is ilegible, the other dates from 1914. The cemetery is heavily forested and surrounded by drainage ditches, there may be other tombstones that were not located.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery in Radymno was established around the middle of the 19th century. The cemetery was thoroughly destroyed by the Germans during World War II. The area of the cemetery and other plots of land adjacent to it were designated as a labor camp during the German occupation. After the war, an obelisk was erected with a plaque commemorating the execution of Jews with the inscription: “In memory of the martyrdom of over 100 people of Jewish nationality murdered by the occupier in March 1943, the Radymno Society”.