Khudlyovo Jewish Cemetery
To reach the cemetery, exit the village in the direction of Verkhne Solotvyno. The preserved tombstones can be found to the left of the road, in the thicket in front of the Christian cemetery.
Perimeter marked on 1863 cadastral map – 295 meters. This part of the cemetery was totally destroyed. The preserved tombstones are located out of this perimeter, at the area, which presumably was a new part of the cemetery. If this assumption is correct, the total estimated perimeter is around 480 meters.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is not in use today
Number of existing gravestones
A large part of the cemetery was demolished in the 1980s during a road construction, and only three gravestones remain on the site.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Presumably, the Jewish cemetery in Khudlyovo was established in the early or mid 19th century. It appears on the cadastral map of 1863. The cemetery was used presumably until WWII, the latest preserved gravestone dates to 1939. A large part of the cemetery was demolished in the 1980s while the road to Uzhhorod was constructed through the cemetery site.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Khudlyovo during the 19th century. In 1851, the Jewish population of the town numbered 23. In 1880 there were 244 Jews living in Khudlyovo. In 1921, during the Czechoslovakian period, the Jewish population decreased to 187. No Jews live in the town today.