Ivano-Frankivsk Old Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery was located on the site between today’s Vidkryta Street, Stefanyka Street, Nezalezhnosti Street and Mariiky Pidhiryanky Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Flats and private houses were built over the cemetery site. There are also private park and a cinema in the central part of the cemetery site.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. But since it appears on the First military survey of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1780, it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the second half of the 18th century. In the 1880s, it appears on the Second military survey. The cemetery was marked on cadastral maps of 1930 and 1940. It is unknown when the cemetery was demolished. Nowadays, there are no visible traces of the cemetery and its boundaries.