Dlugosiodlo Jewish Cemetery

Cemetery Information

Masovian Voivodeship
Site address
The cemetery is situated in a forest near the Road Długosiodło - Wolka Piaseczna. From the central crossroad of the village of Długosiodło, proceed 2km south via the road to Wolka Piaseczna and stop by the western side of the road. The cemetery is located 100 m west of the road.
GPS coordinates
52.77694, 21.5908
Perimeter length
254 meters. The delineation is based on Generalstab des Heeres 1940 1:25000 map (AM copy 1944). Exact delineation requires additional research.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
No fenced.
Preservation condition
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The Jewish cemetery is situated in a pine forest between the villages of Długosiodło & Wolka Piaseczna. The area is demolished and overgrown with trees and bushes. No traces of the cemetery have been preserved, except for a clear raised boundary at some sides. There are no tombstones. An information plaque on a post marks the cemetery area.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Land ownership
Preserved construction on site
Drone surveys

Historical overview

The first records of Jewish inhabitants in the Długosiodło parish (12 leaseholders, including their wives) date to 1781. Two years later, “24 Jews and 19 Jewesses, 14 Jewish boys and 18 Jewish girls lived in the parish.” Jewish settlement in Długosiodło grew in the 19th century. At the end of the 1870’s, the source of income for 15 Jews in the Długosiodło community was trading, and agricultural work for 653 work. According to the 1921 census, 801 Jews lived in Długosiodło at that time (46% of the total population). In 1936 and 1938, anti-Semitic riots broke out in the village and, on October 5, 1939, on the last day of Sukkot, the Germans expelled all Jews from Długosiodło.

The cemetery is located approximately 2 km north of the town centre, about 80 m west of the road from Długosiodło to Wólka Piaseczna, within the borders of geodesic plot no. 2.0022.240. There is no detailed data on the history of the cemetery and the date of establishment is unknown. In the 1781 inspection records of the Długosiodło parish, there is information about the lack of cemeteries for religious communities other than the Catholic community. The cemetery was possibly established in the 19th century, simultaneous to the growth of the local Jewish community.

The cemetery has sustained significant damage and there are no above-ground traces of graves and cemetery infrastructure. The boundaries are partially visible thanks to an earth embankment (approximate dimensions 30 x 70 m). The area is covered in coniferous forest. In September 2010, by the road near the cemetery, the Municipal Information Centre erected a plaque with the following inscription in Polish, Hebrew, and English: “The Jewish cemetery. About a thousand Jews, residents of the Długosiodło commune were buried here in the period from the 18th to the 20th century.” There is no cemetery card regarding the facility. It is not listed in the Commune and Voivodeship Register of Monuments or in the Register of Immovable Monuments of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship.

Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery
Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery
Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery
Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery
Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery
Długosiodło Jewish Cemetery