Burshtyn Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located at the crossroads of Valova and Hertsena streets.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The central part of the cemetery is well-maintained. The northern part is severely overgrown. The site is used for cattle grazing. There are haystacks at the cemetery site.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
1838 (oldest found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
1932 (latest found by ESJF expedition)
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the VAAD research, the oldest gravestone’s relates to 1789. The earliest epigraphic data found by ESJF relates to the first half of the 19th century. First, it appears on Austrian maps of the 1860s and, later, it was also marked on maps of 1880s.