Berezne New Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery can be found on the western bank of the reservoir, to the east of the Local College of Forestry, on the grounds of their dendrological park.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over. No tombstones were found on the site, which is now occupied by a dendrological park.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The New Berezne Jewish Cemetery was established presumably in mid-19th century on the western bank of the small river, close to the Catholic cemetery. It appears on the Russian map of 1870s and all later maps, including Polish map of 1936. According to Yizkor Berezne, all tombstones on it were wooden and only an ohel of Berezne rabbis was made of brick. The cemetery was demolished in 1960s.