Only five tombstones remain at Hecha, a typical Transcarpthian cemetery. The site was unfenced and unmarked and lies just within the village limits. Jews from Hecha were deported to Auschwitz in 1944. Demarcation was aided at the site by the clear presence of natural borders based on lines of old trees and a ditch. The site was overgrown with moderate to heavy vegetation. In August, the ESJF began a cleaning operation at Hecha, followed soon by construction work.