Zaverezhye Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery was founded in the middle of the 19th century, shortly after the appearance of the community, and operated until WWII. Tombstones from the 19th and 20th centuries have been preserved. There is a reburial site of Holocaust victims on the cemetery territory. In the 1970s-80s, a monument was erected.
Zaviarezha was founded in 1835 as a Jewish agricultural colony. According to the census of 1897, 259 Jews lived here. There was a large two-storey synagogue and a Jewish school. In 1938, according to local recollections, the synagogue and school were closed. The synagogue building was turned into a bakery. Jews also owned a post office and a shop. Before the war, there were about 40 Jewish families living here. During the 1930s, the Jews of Zaviarezha worked on the Komintern collective farm.
On September 12, 1941, 97 Jews were shot in Zaviarezha, and the village was burned to the ground.