Yakymivka New Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on Pol’ova Street, around 325 metres from the road to Pohrebysche, by the right side of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a 2 metre tall concrete wall installed by ESJF in September 2019. It is fitted with two metal gates and a door.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained, albeit covered with seasonal vegetation.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
1897 (the only readable tombstone).
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
According to the Commission on Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the latter half of the 19th century.
There is no information about the Jewish community of Yakymivka and today, there is no Jewish population in the town.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery could not be found marked on old maps of the region. The oldest gravestone dates to the late 19th century. It can therefore be assumed that the cemetery was founded during that period. Today, the site is used for cattle grazing.