Troyanivka Jewish Cemetery
Starting at the church in the centre of the village, continue northeast along the street for 1 kilometre. The cemetery is located on the right side of the road, in the woods.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery has a fence installed in September 2020 by ESJF.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained. The fence is in good condition.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact date of the cemetery’s foundation is unclear. However, it was functioning in the 18th century and appears on Russian maps of the region from the mid 19th century.
In 1921, 212 Jews resided in Troyanivka. By 1939, the Jewish population numbered around 250, including Jews from some of the surrounding villages. On June 28, 1941, Troyanivka was occupied by the Nazis, and on September 5, 1942, 345 Jews were murdered outside the village limits. In 1993, a monument was erected on the site of shooting.