Popovo Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the western outskirts of Popovo village. Proceed for 120 metres to the west, in the direction of Heten’ village. The cemetery is on the right of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded a new concrete fence of two metres height installed in November 2015 by ESJF.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was established in the 19th century. First, it appears on a cadastral map of 1865. According to epigraphic data, the cemetery was used in the second half of the 20th century. A fence was installed by ESJF in November 2015.