Chepa Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located in the northern part of Chepa village. Proceed for about 260 metres west on Fohoroshi Street, from the intersection with Myru Street. Turn left on to the dirt road. Proceed for 260 metres to the abandoned buildings of a collective farm. The cemetery is located in the field behind the building.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a new concrete fence of 1.5 metres height, constructed by ESJF in December 2018.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It first appears on a cadastral map in 1865, but the earliest preserved gravestone dates from the first half of the 19th century. The cemetery was fenced by ESJF in 2018.