Chabanivka Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the eastern outskirts of the village. Entering Chabanivka village from the M06 highway, 350 metres from the turn-off, the cemetery is located in the woods to the left of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a mesh fence with gabion sections, erected by ESJF in September 2017.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The cemetery in Chabanivka already existed in the mid-19th century. The oldest found tombstone dates to 1849. The cemetery was in use until WWII.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Chabanivka in the early 19th century. In 1877, there were 118 Jews living in the town (31% of the total population). The Jews living in Chabanivka used the synagogue of Seredne, but had their own cemetery, In 1921, there were 165 Jews in the town. Most of Chabanivka Jews were murdered in the Holocaust. No Jews live in the town today.